10 Minute Kettlebell/Bodyweight AMRAP
Kettlebell & Bodyweight AMRAP
This kettlebell and bodyweight AMRAP will consists of only four exercises. Two lower body exercises, one upper body exercise and one core or midsection exercise.
The beauty of this workout is that it’s only 10 minutes long. Who doesn’t have 10 minutes to workout? Anyone who watches 2-3 hours of Netflix every day, also has 10 minutes to workout.
This is the first 10 minute workout in my blog, but rest assured, you’re going to see more of them.
The Goal of The WorkoutThe goal of this particular AMRAP is to maximize time. You’ll be targeting a broad portion of your body, especially the lower body.
Grab a timer and set it to stop at 10 minutes.
- 20 Kettlebell Swings (use two hands)
- 10 Kettlebell Goblet Squats
- 5 Bench Plyo Push Ups
- 30 Bicycle Crunches (15/side)
Kettlebell swings are great for cardio conditioning. It will target your hamstrings, glutes, hips, quads and front delts.
Here are some key points to consider when doing kettlebell swings:
- The pattern of a swing is not a squat. It is a hinge.
- You want to keep your elbows soft, not locked out.
- The kettlebell should travel about shoulder height, it’s not necessary for it to go beyond this point.
- You must fully extend your hips at the top position and squeeze your butt.
- The engine behind the swing are the hips.
- Your heels should remain on the ground through out the entire exercise and the kettlebell should move like a pendullum.
The goblet squat will target your glutes, hips, quads, hamstrings and core. Grab a kettlebell by the handles and place it about chest to neck height. You can grab a dumbbell if you don’t have a kettlebell.
The goblet squat is useful to many people because it forces them to stay up right.
In the picture above I am using a slightly wider stance. Make sure to really shoot your hips back as your descending.
Bench Plyo Push Ups
Plyo Push Ups are a great explosive exercise that will target your chest and triceps. It will also get your heart working hard just after a few reps. Doing the plyo push ups on a bench allows for a soft landing and more air time. As you are in the air, squeeze your pecs.
If you can’t do plyo push ups then do 10 regular push ups.
Bicycle Crunches will target your abdominals, obliques and transversus abdominis muscles. Even though they might seem easy to perform. I’m going to give you a few useful tips.
- Place your hands lightly behind your head. You don’t want to be pulling your neck as you flex your abdominals.
- Don’t completely return your upper back back to the ground. This way you will have constant muscular tension throughout your abs.
- Aim to connect your elbow to your knee as you go up.
- Don’t fully extend your lower leg. This might cause lower back stress to some.
Leave your time in the comments below.